In Other Words seeks Treasurer to serve on Board Finance Committee
In Other Words is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, volunteer-run, feminist community center in Portland, Oregon. Our mission is to support, enrich, and empower the feminist community through literature, art, and educational and cultural events. We have a storefront that serves as a book store, a lending library, and a venue for feminist events.
We are seeking a Board Treasurer. The Board Treasurer works in collaboration with staff, board and volunteers to ensure long-term financial planning as well as to identify, implement and evaluate the financial policies of In Other Words to ensure the financial health and sustainability of the organization. The Board Treasurer is responsible for working with the accountant to provide accurate financial reports and information to the board, staff and volunteers.
- Coordinates the Finance Committee.
- Responsible for directing the annual budget process Works with accountant to complete monthly account reconciliations Oversees the quarterly financial reporting process and presenting those reports in a transparent manner to the Board of Directors,staff and volunteers.
- Coordinates long term financial planning.
- Serves on the Executive Committee
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Creating and updating budgets
- Familiarity of investment practices (optional)
- Understanding of best practices for non-profit financial management process and procedures
- Familiarity with the requirements of the Form 990 and the organization?s tax exempt status
- Written and oral communication skills Working independently and with a team
10-15 hours/month, this may fluctuate throughout the year depending on capacity and financial situation of the organization.
To express interest, please contact Alice King at firstname.lastname@example.org.