Open Position: Events Coordinator
The In Other Words Events Team coordinates all community and programming events at In Other Words. This includes both regular and one-time workshops and skill shares, author readings, support groups, film screenings, musical performances, community partner events, etc. The Events Team coordinates all aspects of event programming, including: reviewing event requests, scheduling events, organizing event details, training and scheduling event volunteers, producing print calendar and online calendar of events, and marketing events. This team also develops and implements policies and procedures to establish standards and expectations for event volunteers, facilitators and participants, ensuring compliance with all policy/licensing requirements. The team is a collaboration of IOW board members and volunteers. The Events Team has a minimum of 3 coordinators who work collaboratively.
- 5+ hrs/week
- At least 6 months
- Good with frequent emailing and some phone calls
- Responds to community members consistently and frequently
- People-person who is reliable and flexible
- Coordinate all event details with Events Team (team has at least 3 people who work closely together)
- Coordinate contract signing, fee collection and advertising of events
- Record all necessary info in detail on online calendar and events spreadsheet
- Provide ample event description for event volunteers
- Coordinate with Marketing Liaison to help advertise
- Work with Bookstore Team to order books for author events
- Check in with existing event facilitators for monthly updates to calendar
- Check in with regular facilitators re: closing, keys, and attendance/donation records
- Ensure volunteer coverage of events
Interested? E-mail email@example.com
Subject Line: In Other Words Events Team Position
In the body of your email please include responses to these questions:
- Why you would like to join the In Other Words team?
- What experiences you would like to get out of the position?
- What makes you a good candidate for this position and what do you wish to bring to it?
Feel free to attach supporting documents (cover letter, resume, etc.) if you wish. We look forward to hearing from you soon!