Demeter Press in the Lending Library
- Rocking the Cradle: Thoughts on Motherhood, Feminism and the Possibility of Empowered Mothering by Andrea O’Reilly
- Until Our Hearts are on the Ground: Aboriginal Mothering, Oppression, Resistance and Rebirth ed. D. Memee Lavell-Harvard and Jeannette Corbiere Lavell
- Mothering With Disabilities ed. Gloria Filax and Dena Taylor
- White Ink: Poems on Mothers and Motherhood ed. Rishma Dunlop
- Mothering in the Third Wave ed. Amber E. Kinser
- Mothering & Blogging ed. May Friedman and Shana L. Calixte
- Mother-Talk: Conversations with Mothers of Lesbian Daughters and FTM Transgender Children by Sarah F. Pearlman
- Moms Gone Mad: Motherhood and Madness: Oppression and Resistance ed. Gina Wong
- Rupture by Clementine Morrigan
- Stepmothering: A Spiritual Journey by Jasjit K. Sangha
Demeter Press is the pubishing arm of the Motherhood Initiative for Research and Community Involvement (MIRCI) and the first book publisher focused specifically on the topic of mothering/motherhood. Demeter Press is an independent, not-for-profit feminist press located in Ontario, Canada, committed to publishing peer-reviewed scholarly work, fiction, poetry and creative non-fiction by and about mothers, mothering and family issues. The press is named in honor of the Goddess Demeter, herstory’s most celebrated, empowered and outraged mother.
As always, everything in our lending library is available free of charge – just come in to the community center to create an account and start borrowing from our impressive selection of titles. We’ve got everything from how-to craft books to lesbian science fiction, and we’re constantly adding new titles.