March at In Other Words
March is National Women’s History Month, y’all! Send a care package from Good Boxes (including some awesome items from In Other Words) to your favorite woman. A portion of the proceeds goes to a local women’s shelter.
Happening at In Other Words this month:
- Our neighbors, The Vital Compass, are joining us every other week for self-care sessions. These are happening on Wednesday the 5th and 19th at 11:30 am with Ear (Auricular) Acupuncture, which is a fantastic way to detox your mind and body. Suggested donation of $5.
- On Monday the 3rd, poet, artist, and cultural organizer Vanessa Huang and In Other Words invite feminists of color in the Portland area to join us for an evening to find poetry and make ritual in honor of our connection with chosen, inherited, and collective ancestors along our journeys dreaming and making worlds where each and all of us are free.
- On Tuesday the 4th join the folks from Flexible Fitness in Portland for the monthly introductory class. It will incorporate stretching, agility training, phantom weight lifting, and drumstick cardio. Bring water and a healthy sense of humor! The class is free and donations are welcome.
- On Wednesday the 5th join us for a reading, talk, and open Q&A with Dear Sister: Letters from Survivors of Sexual Violence anthology editor, Lisa Factra-Borchers.
- Saturday the 8th is International Women’s Day! We’ll with celebrating with Portland Pairings Wine Shop as they donate a portion of proceeds to In Other Words for this awesome event! We’ll also be hosting the Happy Hysteria Health Collective for a full day celebrating & supporting womb centric holistic health, or Happy Hysteria Day.
- Don’t miss Sistah Sinema’s monthly movie also on Saturday the 8th. This month is Thick Relations, a movie about family, connections, and love.
- On Tuesday the 11th at 4:30, join us for a talk and Q/A with bestselling authors Mark A. Michaels and Patricia Johnson about what constitutes a good relationship. They will discuss their new book, Partners In Passion, which is fortified by interviews with couples from diverse backgrounds, relationship styles, and orientations who are enjoying erotically vibrant partnerships.
- On Thursday the 13th join NARAL Pro-Choice Oregon for the release party for the second edition of the Repro. Sheroes zine.
- On Sunday the 16th don’t miss the video showing of Homomentum: The Musical. Unicorns and other mythical creatures save the world through dance, live music, queer awesomeness, and glitter, in this brand-new genderbending sci-fi fantasy musical!
- On Wednesday the 26th is “In Other Words presents Reel Feminism,” a monthly film series hosted at the Clinton Street Theater! This month, we’ll be showing Maria in Nobody’s Land.